Complaints & Disputes
We Pay Attention to Your Rights
Our company wants to make sure that you know that your rights are our priorities. After all, we are a purely mutual company owned by you, the policyholders. Policyholder directors that you elect guide our company. We firmly adhere to the following principles:
- Our policyholders’ interests come first. Our distributors will put your interests ahead of their own;
- We will make sure that you are aware of any conflicts that could be associated with a transaction or recommendation
- We will ensure that the products that you purchase are “the right fit” to meet your needs.
Our company, is regulated by the Financial Services Commission of Ontario. (www.ontarioinsurance.com)
Complaint Handling Protocol
- The “Company Ombudsman/Liaison Representative” (as filed with OIO) is Bill Jellous.
- To activate the company’s complaint process, a policyholder(s) must provide a description of his/her complaint to the company in writing.
- Letters of complaint will be reviewed by the “company Ombudsman/Liaison Representative” or his /her alternate within five (5) business days of being received at the company.
- The Company Ombudsman /Liaison Representative will consult with appropriate staff representatives and send to the policyholder a letter outlining the company’s final position within sixty (60) days of the “Company Ombudsman/Liaison Representative “ review of the letter of complaint.
- Our goal as a policyholder-owned, purely mutual company is to treat policyholders in a fair, courteous and timely manner. Time lines mentioned above are minimum standards.
- This Complaint handling Protocol does not apply to any situation involving litigation by the insured against the company or where the insured has retained legal assistance in the regard.
Have More Questions? Get in touch with us